romanceaddict

The Romance Addict

I'm a student from Kolkata, India. I was barely 3 yrs old when I first read a book and since then there has been no stopping me when it comes to books.I'm not just obsessed about books.I have other hobbies(skating, painting) and ambitions(I'm studying to be a comp sci. engineer and someday make my parents really really proud of me).But BOOKS are something I have always been passionate about. I've learned so much from them.Reading a book is like entering a whole new world.It gave me dreams, hope and friends. And IMO, there is nothing else that someone needs when they have a great book with them. Ok, say maybe I'm a little obsessed. Reading has given me so much. So, I figure writing reviews on the books I read is my way of thanking the community. It is something I can give back. It is my way of helping the authors & publishers so that they keep writing & publishing wonderful books. I don't promise to always write a review for every book I read or as soon as I read, but I'll write as many reviews as possible. Also, I won't let any personal feelings towards any author/publisher compromise any review I write.

The Contract

The Contract - Zeenat Mahal I rarely read novellas. However, this is a novella that made me change that decision of mine. This is a short and sweet novella and I would recommend everyone to take a few hours off and read it.

The author did a good job with the hero and heroine's characters. The hero, Hussain, a businessman always on the move. He is a widower who has been thoroughly disillusioned with matrimony and also has a small daughter. The heroine, Shahira, is a 30-year old divorcee with a son. Her previous husband and in-laws were abusive. As a result, she left her previous marriage with emotional scars and has lost faith in all men.
Circumstances throw them together and they both agree to a contract. Shahira gets Hussain's name and financial security for herself and her son while Hussain gets someone to take care of his daughter and his mother.
It was nice reading how the hero and the heroine fell in love with each other despite the scars they bear from their previous marriages. At first, Hussain comes off as very unemotional but it is tempered by Shahira's sweet nature. Slowly, Hussain found himself drawn to her more and more. Shahira, however, is scared to trust again and it was wonderful how Hussain wood her and attempted to win her over. It was also nice to see that the heroine had a backbone inspite of her previous marriage.
Salma's efforts to get the two of them closer were hilarious. It was beautiful reading how the 'contract' turned an 'actual marriage'.
Kudos to Ms Mahal for writing such a nice and entertaing novella.

My thanks to the author for providing me with a copy of this story for sharing an honest review