romanceaddict

The Romance Addict

I'm a student from Kolkata, India. I was barely 3 yrs old when I first read a book and since then there has been no stopping me when it comes to books.I'm not just obsessed about books.I have other hobbies(skating, painting) and ambitions(I'm studying to be a comp sci. engineer and someday make my parents really really proud of me).But BOOKS are something I have always been passionate about. I've learned so much from them.Reading a book is like entering a whole new world.It gave me dreams, hope and friends. And IMO, there is nothing else that someone needs when they have a great book with them. Ok, say maybe I'm a little obsessed. Reading has given me so much. So, I figure writing reviews on the books I read is my way of thanking the community. It is something I can give back. It is my way of helping the authors & publishers so that they keep writing & publishing wonderful books. I don't promise to always write a review for every book I read or as soon as I read, but I'll write as many reviews as possible. Also, I won't let any personal feelings towards any author/publisher compromise any review I write.

A Bollywood Affair

A Bollywood Affair - Sonali Dev Even though I'm Indian, I don't read much books by Indian authors and very very rarely do they become my favourite. Ms Dev has written a brilliant story. The characters are all very easy to like especially Milli. At first Milli seemed to me a naive ,innocent and foolish village. But my opinion was very soon corrected. As the story progresses, we see hidden depths in Milli that endears her more to us. Milli's character is truly adorable and charming. Sam's character is also very appealing. The supporting characters are equally delightful. The narration is quite engaging and keeps us ensnared right up till the end. This book is right there on the list of my top favourites. An fantastic debut by Ms Dev.